You probably already know this, but yes they do. Their impact is actually quite extreme.
So do you have a video on every product page? Here’s why you should.
- Videos up your conversion rate, with the likelihood of purchase rising to 85% after a customer has seen a product video.
- Video reviews on product pages increase visitor session duration by 340%.
- E-commerce merchants know that consumers feel 52% more confident when they encounter video content on their shopping journey.
- Videos on product pages contribute to 127% increase in pages visited per shopping session.
- 4 in 5 millennial shoppers find online product videos helpful when researching future purchases.
- According to Neil Patel, viewers are anywhere from 64-85% more likely to buy after watching a product video
- 72% of people would rather use video to learn about a product or service.
And it doesn’t have to be a professional production. An authentic and fun video recorded with a smartphone can be just as effective, if not more.
You could record yourself or a friend unpacking the product, and using it or wearing it, and commenting on it.