An example from Raphael
See the other two ways he talks about by watching his video on LinkedIn:
Relevance, relevance, relevance
In the example below of what not to do, I added a dress for a todler of 12-24 months. And one of the products recommended is for kids 5-6 years old. That is not a relevant suggestion.
Stats by VWO
- Promote your most reviewed or most sold products
- Give more prominent space for the upsell, display testimonials for the upsell
- Make sure the upsells are not more than 25% costlier than the original product
- Make add-on features like insurance pre-selected and ask customers to deselect if not required
- Explain why the upsell is meant for them, why it’s better for them
And make sure the products are from the same category!
- Cross-sell products should be at least 60% cheaper than the product added to cart
- Go for products that are easily forgotten