See the other two ways he talks about by watching his video on LinkedIn:
Make sure those recommendations are very relevant however.
In the example below, I added a dress for a todler of 12-24 months, and one of the products recommended is for kids 5-6 years old.
1. Promote your most reviewed or most sold products
2. Give more prominent space for the upsell, display testimonials for the upsell
3. Make sure the upsells are not more than 25% costlier than the original product
4. Make add-on features like insurance pre-selected and ask customers to deselect if not required
5. Explain why the upsell is meant for them, why it’s better for them
1. Cross-sell products should be at least 60% cheaper than the product added to cart
2. Go for products that are easily forgotten