Make it clear, concise, and benefit-oriented.
50% of visitors don’t scroll past the hero section
Introduce your store
As shoppers land on your homepage for the first time, they have no idea what it is about, what you sell. That value proposition should be mentioned above the fold, before they scroll down. That is typically done with a large but concise headline in the hero section (the main section in the first screen).
So you should avoid generic headlines such as the name of your store, or “Welcome!”.
Other possible content for the hero section is a focus on your current special offer, event or new product.
A) Have a / become a [solution] you can [desirable self image]
- Natural Toothpaste: Have a daily routine you can be proud of
- Daily meal prep service: Have a home cooked meal that makes you smile and healthy
- Wearable device: Have a wearable device that empowers you and your confidence
B) The only [solution] made exclusively to [most desirable social image outcome]
- Jewelry: The only handcrafted jewelry made exclusively to make a statement
- Apparel: The only clothing made exclusively to turn heads and keep you comfortable
- Online courses: The only online training program to make you the most sought after expert in your industry