Quick Views are a bad idea
According to Baymard (source)…
- they’re a symptom treatment for poor product list design (not enough information/attributes, thumbnails too small, etc.)
- users confuse them for the product page and struggle to understand the site’s hierarchy
- they introduce friction to the user’s browsing process
The lack of a clear “product page CTA button” is one of the major and common issues with the Quick Views.
- Avoid Quick Views altogether
- On desktop, have secondary hover thumbnails
- Make thumbnails big enough
- Include vital product information as attributes
They recently published some more research on Quick Views (source), especially on mobile. They’re still a bad idea and only a partial fix for an underlying problem.
One exception is for sites that need to display a full-screen version of the product thumbnail easily.