The welcome email is your first touch point via email with your prospects or customers, so it will set the tone for your communication with them. Make sure it contains some or all of the components below:
- Your logo
- Links to the main product categories
- Links or buttons to access the account, track order, find a store, etc.
- A warm welcoming message (and optionally a nice hero section with a beautiful image)
- A few value proposition “bullets” with icons
- A mention of what they can expect in the days or weeks to come (e.g. some insights, or discount offers)
- (Optionally) a promotion
- Customer support or contact information
- Social media icons and buttons to download your app (if any)
One of the members of my Ecom Convert group added:
Consider a registration bonus, a free gift, a discount, or maybe free shipping on their first order, etc.
For sure that is something to consider and test. My thinking now is that just like with cart abandonment, brands can wait until email 2 or 3 to give a discount. Some of the users don’t need a discount from the get-go, they just wanted to create an account to make a purchase now.