215 best practices is an overwhelming amount of information to digest.
So I figured I’d go through it and identify a list of 10 quick wins for you to start with.
- Show a search box instead of just a search icon in the header
- List your main product categories in your menu’s level 1
- Display a clear and concise benefit-oriented value proposition statement above the fold on your homepage
- Feature your top categories (with images) right below the fold on the homepage
- Add urgency to product pages
- Repeat your unique selling points in the cart
- Increase the perceived security of your checkout page (if you can customize your checkout)
- In the checkout form, autocomplete the address as they start typing (if you can customize your checkout)
- Send an email after delivery to request a review on the product(s) they bought
- Offer free shipping or free shipping above a threshold
Which one(s) of the recommendations above resonate with you?
Which ones could you implement and test out this week?